Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Waneta's Progress


By Guest Blogger Siri Espy, Animal Friends' Communications Team

Walking into Animal Friends’ cat condos, I’m always greeted with a chorus of meows. There are so many kitties to visit with that it’s hard to choose. This Saturday, I spent some time with sweet little Waneta.

Less than a year old, Waneta has been at Animal Friends far too long. Brought to us by our Humane Officers as a result of abandonment and neglect, this beautiful, petite calico came in as a terrified kitten. She spent some time in a foster home, where she began the process of learning about people and overcoming her fears.

As I picked up this brave little girl and she snuggled against me, I reflected on what a long way she has come. She strolled around the room, and stopped to visit some cat friends in a nearby cage. She’s become a friendly, beautiful girl who’s ready to become part of a quiet, loving home where she can blossom into a sweetheart of a companion.

One of the temptations Animal Friends volunteers face is ending up with a houseful of animals, and I must admit that it was difficult to put her back in her cage and look over to see her watching me. I can say with some certainty that both Waneta and I would love to see her wait for the perfect family come to an end. Help us out, won’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment