Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Beat the Heat with Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Specials!



February is our favorite month. It’s not the Valentine’s Day chocolates that get our hearts racing—it’s the opportunity to celebrate World Spay Day!

World Spay Day is annually celebrated on the last Tuesday in February, but we at Animal Friends will be celebrating throughout the month with spay/neuter specials!

February is the perfect time to spay or neuter your companion animals or feral cats. Since many people wait until spring or summer to spay or neuter their pets, you can avoid a longer wait time by scheduling now. And, we’re offering low prices throughout the month!

February "Beat the Heat" specials at Animal Friends:



  • Female cats: $30 includes a spay and rabies vaccine

  • Male cats: $5 includes a neuter and rabies vaccine

  • Feral cats: $30 includes a spay or neuter, rabies vaccine, flea treatment and ear tip

  • Pit bulls: $20 for a spay or neuter

  • Female Dogs: $85 for a spay

  • Male Dogs: $70 for a neuter

(Other services are available at additional cost.)


Grant your pet a longer, healthier life by spaying or neutering today. We’re just a phone call or mouse click away. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 1.800.SPAY.PGH or apply online at www.ThinkingOutsideTheCage.org.


If you’ve already spayed or neutered your pet, spay it forward! Click here to sponsor a spay today!

8 comments:

  1. it dont make sence to spay a pittbull for 20 and anyother dog for 85!is a pittbull not a reall dog or something??...it just dont sound right. i need to get my nice 1 year old lab spay for 100... whats the point..why dont we all just get pittbulls than if we can save money in this bad times......sigh..if i diy my lab with black,brown,and white spots will i get a disscount!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Virus. The Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Program at Animal Friends would be happy to help you spay your Labrador. The price of $85 is a very reduced rate for the spay of a larger dog such as a Labrador. If you've called around to price surgery for your dog, you will know this is a very good rate.
    We reduce the rate for Pit bulls to an even greater extent because the Pit bull is the most vulnerable dog breed right now in terms of overbreeding and abuse.
    We also encourage those looking to add a pet to their home to adopt from Animal Friends. Our shelter dogs are spayed/neutered, vaccinated and microchipped. Our dogs are evaluated for behavioral issues as well. All of this for less than a vet visit and spay surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are there any requirements for having my cat and dog spayed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I filled out applications last week to have my two kittens spayed, but have not gotten a response yet. I just want to double check to be sure they've been received and find out what the next step will be.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Meretrix:

    If your animals are healthy, we can help you. Fill out our online application and we will be able to assist you.

    Thanks,
    LCSN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Heather:

    Our Spay Day specials have certainly garnered a lot of interest. It may take us a few more days to call you to schedule. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you need immediate assistance, please call us at 1.800.SPAY.PGH and we can better direct you.

    Thanks,
    LCSN

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I'm fine, I just wanted to make sure my applications came through. I wasn't sure how the program worked, since the home page says the special rate is only for February. I didn't know if that meant you had to fill out the applications in February or actually have the procedure completed in February? Anyway, the cats names are Stella Rose and Tina Marie Panucci (long story!) I know I was supposed to fill out a form for each one, which I did, and now I'm just waiting to find out what the next step will be. I guess if I don't hear from anyone by the end of next week, I'll give a call.
    Thanks,
    H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just wanted to let you know how much we liked your spay clinic, my son brought his pup there 2 wks ago to be spayed and shots. She's a 5mth pitt mix, and was treated so wonderful. everyone there was so nice. I am today signing my 20mth old pitt/beagle mix up for her spay and possibly shots. I will recommend you tio everyone I know! Thank You, BAPttrsn

    ReplyDelete