Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Animal Friends' Home to Home Adoptions presents: Odie and Lola!




Name: Odysseus “Odie” Maximus:
Breed: Whippet/Pit Mix
Color: Brindle
DOB: Jan.24 2007
Characteristics: I adopted Odie From an animal shelter when he was 7 weeks old. I have been his only owner. He is a very shy dog. He loves women, but tends to be scared of men. He is a bit skittish. I’m not sure why he was never abused or hurt, but for some reason he takes a while to get use to new people especially men. He loves to take walks. He would be perfect for a single female owner or a younger couple. He would not do well in a home with another dog or very small children. He is a great dog, very loving and cuddly. He would need a home where he would be able to snuggle up on the couch/bed with his owner. He is house broken, and he goes on two walks a day as well as two outside potty breaks. He has had a few surgeries since I’ve had him. His first was for a cherry eye which he got within the first couple months after I adopted him. He also had a few stomach/colon surgeries when he was a year old. He ate a toy and got a piece of string wrapped around his intestines. Besides that he is perfectly health. And hasn’t had any health issues in the past 4 years. He is my baby and I am completely heartbroken that I have to give him up. The only thing I can ask for is a home where he will be loved and cared for the same as I do. He weighs about 35lbs.







Name: Lola
Breed: Westie Mix
Color: Cream/White
DOB: Sep. 25 2007
Characteristics: I adopted Lola when she was 8 weeks old. I have been her only owner. She is a very sweet loving dog. She loves to give kisses and cuddle with people. She would do well in any home. She’s great with kids, other dogs, young and older people. Lola is more of my “special needs” dog.  I found out 8 months ago that Lola had spinal stenosis. This leaves her with problems walking. The first two months after being diagnosed she had no movement in her hind legs. But Lola is a fighter; she has been through a broken leg, auto immune problems (which she had to get teethed pulled), as well as the stenosis, but Lola now is able to walk. She is a little on the wobbly side. It takes her a little longer to get up to start walking then most, but she has come such a long way from the beginning. She is NOT able to climb up or downstairs, although if she gets too excited she will walk down some stairs, but I tried to avoid letting her. She also needs to be picked up if you want her on the couch or bed. She is very laid back dog. Not hyper at all and she listens very well. She will go for a little walk (I will usually take her to the park and let her walk to tennis court), but nothing to long because her legs will start to bother her.  Again Lola is my baby and I love her to death. I just hope she can find someone caring and to love her the way that I do.  She weighs about 22lbs.



If you can help Lola or Odie, please contact Jessica at quinnjl@upmc.edu.



No comments:

Post a Comment