Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Why #GivingTuesday is better than Black Friday...10 Reasons
Thanks to Steph Drahozal from SalsaLabs for portions of this post.
For the first time, Animal Friends is participating in #GivingTuesday, a annual day of charity and goodwill that hopes to transform how people think about, talk about and participate in the giving season.
#GivingTuesday inspires people to take action to improve their local communities, give back in better, smarter ways to the charities and causes they support and help create a better world.
This year, our Spay/Neuter Challenge coincides with #GivingTuesday. What better way to give back to your community than to fund low-cost spay/neuter options for pet owners who would otherwise have no opportunity to give this gift of health to their companion animals. Your donations will even be matched! Click here to donate now.
So now that you know what #GivingTuesday is, why is it better than Black Friday?
Well, here are 10 reasons why ...
1. #GivingTuesday is much safer than Black Friday. You can avoid a trip to the hospital after getting trampled by people just trying to get into a store.
2. You don’t have to wake up at the crack of dawn. You can donate at any point during the day, whenever is most convenient for you.
3. You can participate from the comfort of your couch, in your PJs.
4. You can eat ice cream and watch Netflix while donating. That's always a bonus.
5. You don’t have to break the bank to make a donation.
6. You can feel good about the money you gave, rather than regret the money you spent shopping.
7. Giving a gift on #GivingTuesday takes only a few seconds, where standing in lines could take hours...
8. Giving to charity gives you good karma points!
9. Lower your tax bill with these charitable contributions!
10. Most importantly, you get to help out a good cause. Choose some of your favorite organizations to donate to, and help be a part of a greater change. You could choose any cause to donate to - the impoverished people in your community, curing an illness, funding baby pandas, and so many more.