Memorial Day means many different things to us: remembering those who have served our country, spending time with family and friends, attending picnics and celebrating the unofficial beginning of summer! With everything going on this Memorial Day weekend, you may be looking for a good reason to attend Bark in the Park 2016. Not to worry, we have 10 for you! What better way to start your holiday weekend than a beautiful walk in the park with your furry best friend?
10. Starting Strong – We’ll be kicking off the festivities as Mr. Jeff Jimerson sings the national anthem while members of the North Allegheny Color Guard present our nation’s flag.
9. Jim Krenn – Our lead walker and hometown funny guy Jim Krenn from the Q92 Morning Show will be leading the festivities and is always good for plenty of laughs!
8. Food Trucks – Come hungry and leave the potato salad at home, we’ll be joined by some of Pittsburgh’s best food trucks.
7. Patriotic Pup Parade – You’ll have the opportunity to show off your dog’s patriotic Memorial Day themed outfit. (Don’t hold back!)
6. Honest Abe – How many people can say that their dog has met Abe Lincoln? Rub elbows with our country’s 16th president and pose for a great photo op!
5. Live Music – Enjoy the sounds of Americana as The Chiodi Trio performs for your listening pleasure.
4. Beautiful Weather -- Have you seen the forecast for Saturday?! It’s going to be mostly sunny with 100% chance of fun! So get out and enjoy the fun-filled activities on a beautiful morning.
3. Make Your Pooch a Star – The top fundraiser will make their dog a “pup star” as the participant who raises the most money for Animal Friends will have their furry friend featured as the face of next year’s Bark in the Park!
2. Animal Friends for Veterans - We’ll be officially launching a series of adoption programs to thank and support our nation’s veterans and active duty military members who could benefit from the companionship a pet can offer.
1. A Walk in the Park - There’s no better way to kick off your Memorial Day weekend than a going on a walk and spending time with your best four-legged family member and supporting a great organization! After all, we couldn’t do it without you!