Taking place after popular shopping days like Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season and encourages you to give.
Now that the holiday season is in full swing, here are the top 10 reasons why #GivingTuesday is better than Black Friday!
10. #GivingTuesday is much safer than Black Friday! You won't have to wait in long lines with freezing temperatures only to be trampled by your fellow shoppers looking for the best deal on a flat-screen TV!
9. You don’t have to wake up at the crack of dawn. You can donate at any point during the day, whenever is most convenient for you.
8. You can participate from the warmth and comfort of your home, so keep those PJs on!
7. You can eat ice cream and watch Netflix while donating. That's always a bonus.
6. You don’t have to break the bank to make a donation, even the smallest gift can have an amazing impact!
5. You can feel good about the money you gave, rather than regret the money you spent shopping.
4. Giving a gift on #GivingTuesday takes only a few seconds. You could spend hours standing in Black Friday lines!
3. Giving to charity gives you serious karma points.
2. Lower your tax bill with these charitable contributions!
1. Most importantly, your gift will make a difference in the lives of our region's homeless pets right now. What's even better ... if you donate $100 or more today, you'll receive a limited edition keepsake ornament to show your support of Animal Friends for years to come!
Head over to ThinkingOutsideTheCage.org/GivingTuesday to join us and kick off the holiday season on a positive note. And remember, each and every dollar will help more animals in need!