Thursday, February 24, 2011
Why Adopt a Rabbit?
Guest Blogger, Christine Line, Animal Friends' Communications Team
Many people come into our shelter thinking that we only have cats and dogs for adoption, but it's important to know that we alo have adoptable rabbits who are looking for their forever homes too!
Why adopt a rabbit, you may ask? Take a look...
Top 10 Reasons to Adopt a Bunny
10. Rabbits are unique! Cats and dogs are the "typical" household pets, but if you like to be a little different, a rabbit is the way to go.
9. There are several breeds of rabbits, so they can suit people with different situations and personalities.
8. Bunnies are quiet. If you like your home peaceful and serene, they are perfect additions to your home.
7. Because they don't need a lot of room to roam, rabbits can be perfect apartment pets. In fact, many landlords who won't allow a dog or cat will welcome a bunny...just ask!
6. Don't have time to walk a dog? (Or, don't like the idea of going outside in these frigit Pittsburgh winters?) Rabbits can be litter box-trained!
5. Already have a cat or dog? Some rabbits get along with other animals and even become friends with them. Ask our Adoption Counselors about setting up a safe and harmonious multi-species home!
4. Bunnies can be loving, loyal, and even playful companions.
3. Our rabbits are examined by our veterinarian staff, spayed and neutered, and microchipped - in case your bunny should ever hop away from your house accidentally.
2. Because rabbits are most active at dawn and dusk, rabbits are perfect pets for people who work. They'll be glad to sleep all day while you're gone, and greet you when you get home at night.
1. Our rabbits want to find their forever homes just as much as our other adoptable animals. can you make room in your hearts for a heartwarming hopper this spring?
If you're thinking about adopting a rabbit and want to learn more, stop in for one of our Bun Runs. We release our adoptable bunnies into a large room to run and play - and give you a chance to see if one of our resident long-eared friends matches your personality and home environment. We have several spring Bun Runs scheduled, so stop in and get nose-to-nose with a bunny or two and get all your questions answered.
Oh, and check out our special Steelers-themed Bun Run. You might even catch a glimpse of Polamalu's hair!