By Christine Line, Animal Friends' Communications Team
Have a little spare time and need something to do? Most people don't realize the wide range of volunteer activities that exist at Animal Friends. Volunteers support every facet of what we do!
Do you enjoy reading to kids or just like talking to people? Consider becoming a Reading with Rover volunteer, or a greeter at our reception desk!
As a non-profit animal shelter, we rely on hundreds of volunteers every year to make what we do possible. We have tons of options for every interest:
- Dog walking and training
- Cat feeding and socializing
- Rabbit wrangling
- Fostering a pet or litter who needs extra help
- Classroom presentations
- Reading with Rover reading teams
- Pet-Assisted Therapy visits to local hospitals and nursing homes
- Caring for our facility and trails
- Manning booths at off-site adoption events
- Greeting potential adopters
- Clerical support or data entry
- Working at special events
- And lots more!
The hours are flexible, training is provided, and volunteers enjoy rewards and benefits like lunch at our volunteer appreciation banquet. But most of all, you'll have the knowledge that you're helping to give thousands of animals the opportunity to find their forever home. All you need is some enthusiasm and a love for animals.
Our cats, dogs, and rabbits are waiting! You can learn more about volunteering on our website, or call 412.847.7037 for more info. Ready to get started? Fill out our quick and easy volunteer application here!
Hope to hear from you soon!